Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

First Year of Teaching: Complete!

And just like that... it's finished.  A school year filled with lots of laughter and learning has come to an end.  Here are some highlights from "the end"...

Knighting Ceremony: All of the students earned enough medallions to become "knights"!  Each promised to follow the code of chivalry and be the best knights they could be.

End of the Year Celebration:  We played a trivia game about our year!  The students loved it because it was a quiz they didn't have to study for... they had lived it! :)  We ended the party with a watermelon seed spitting bulls-eye game on their paper plates.

Last Day of School:  In the classroom, I gave each student a Fourth Grade Award, and we wrote encouraging notes to one another.  Then we had closing chapel, where we prayed for the students and staff who are leaving Germany.  Finally, we ended the school year with Field Day activities in the high school gym!  Here is my class after chapel.  (As one student said, "Miss Brown, you're good at cheesy pictures."  Well, thank you!)


I'm so thankful for this year...
... God's provision, strength, joy, and peace.
... A beautiful place to live and work.
... New friendships here in Germany and continued friendships back in the USA.
... "Home Team" of financial and prayer supporters who made it possible for me to serve here.
... A wonderful class that challenged me, made me laugh, enjoyed my humor, and encouraged me.
... Amazing co-workers to learn from and grow alongside.
... Laughter and tears, joy and frustration, and God at work in every circumstance.
... Opportunities to travel and experience new cultures.
... And so much more!!!

Thank you for being a part of this year by encouraging me and praying for me.  I am excited to see how the Lord works in the 2011-2012 school year!

(Also, check out my friend Kristi's blog that sums up perfectly the uniqueness of BFA's graduation!)

3 comments:

  1. What a neat first year of teaching to have under your belt. Congrats Heather! We've enjoyed following your journey and praying for you. Hugs from Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking as one of the moms, I just want to let you know how much our daughter has enjoyed 4th grade. Thanks for putting so much love & effort into the year and for making it such a special one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was like a gift to open this post. What a splendid end to an excellent academic year! Kind of makes me want to go back to being a 4th grader again, although Mom might ask what I mean by "go back"...Life has really been full of God's love and goodness for you and your class. It must be a joy to now think of what new challenges and blessings lie ahead, even as you celebrate His provision this year.

    ReplyDelete