Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Who Am I: Identity


 Who am I?  It's a question that we ask ourselves at all stages of life.  On its heels are a myriad of others... What am I good at?  What is my purpose?  Where am I accepted and loved?  What do I have to offer?  Who or what defines me?  Am I beautiful?  Am I enough?

You are created with a purpose, designed by the Creator of the world!
He has gifted you uniquely.
He values you.
He loves you.
He accepts you.
His grace defines you, and it's more than enough!

These are the truths that I wanted to convey to my small groups girls and other high schoolers this Valentine's Day.  So, I asked three BFA staff women with different life experiences and family backgrounds to share bits of their stories and to answer the students' questions about identity.  The panelists were honest, encouraging, and full of love for the girls - what a blessing to see!  The Lord was definitely at work.




Each girl left with a rose, a reminder that they have been created beautifully!


Part 2 of this panel series is coming in April on this theme: "You and I: Intimacy."  Pray for God's work on the hearts of the young women at BFA as different adults share about their relationships with God and others.

Note: The frame used for the event advertisement was taken from Hello Literacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment