Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wonderful Whirlwind Weekend!

I flew across the ocean to the United States for the weekend.  Yes, for the weekend!  Am I crazy?  Maybe... but it was worth it!

It was wonderful to have time together as a family this past weekend to celebrate my brother's graduation from Wheaton College and to honor my mom on Mother's Day.  From meeting my brother's awesome friends (shout-out to the Phileo house and your fan club of friends!) to walking the streets of Chicago, it was a special time together.  My brother is now beginning an African adventure in a remote village in Kenya.  I'm so excited for him as he gets to use some of what he's learned as an engineering major to work on a water systems project!


(Added bonus: Francis Chan was the graduation speaker!)


I also took advantage of my time in Wheaton to visit the nearby TeachBeyond Office.  I'm so grateful for this staff of people who serve many TeachBeyond members around the world by managing our finances, planning events, and working hard for the future of the organization.  Thanks for all you do, USA Office Team!


Although it was strange to only be in America for a short time, I'm excited to return for about two months this summer.  I look forward to seeing many of you then!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes and YES! What a fabulous family memory maker of a whirlwind weekend! End the school year well, Miss Brown, and we'll see you in 5 weeks!!

    Love,
    your blessed and thankful Mom :)

    ReplyDelete